Recipe share: Broccoli balls.
Why do your kiddies/family like this recipe?
Cooking Time (including prep)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3-4 handfuls of breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 egg
- Approx 60g grated parmesan
- 2 handfuls of cornflakes
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Chop broccoli and sweet potato and put in pan to boil with peeled garlic clove
- Once tender, drain well and cool a bit
- Meantime, crush the cornflakes (I do this by putting them in a freezer bag and
- just crushing with my hands. Good stress relief!) and grate the parmesan
- Get plate ready with breadcrumbs on it to roll balls in (I got a packet of fresh
- breadcrumbs in m&s once but often I just grate crusty bread)
- Put the broccoli, sweet potato and garlic into a bowl and blitz with a stick
- Add the teaspoon of thyme, egg, parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Season to taste.
- Add more breadcrumbs if it feels to sticky to roll
- Roll in cornflakes and place on greased baking tray
- Bake for 25mins
I am Caroline McAllister aka The Ultimate Feeder. I am obsessed with food and feeding people with particular interests in entertaining and weaning. I am mummy to two girls aged 4years and 2years. They love to help me create tasty food in the kitchen and I am proud to say they are two of the best eaters I know! If you are stuck for meal, snack or cake inspiration then take a peek at my instagram account @theultimatefeeder.